Written by Kari Ausloos
For businesses, social media marketing is an important element of running a successful operation. It’s a way to generate conversations that may attract more people to your business and an easy way to let people know what’s going on with your business.
However, maintaining a social media presence for a business can be very time consuming. Here are some tips that can help you manage your time effectively on social media.
1. Have a plan. Find out where your customers and prospects are having conversations and where your business can add value. If you’re just starting on social media, try to stick to one platform until you get the feel for it and gain followers. It’s better to use one well maintained platform than to use multiple poor ones.
2. Identify a variety of content sources. Finding content is the biggest time consumer in social media planning, so try to find some great sources of content that you can always go to and look back for inspiration.
3. Block out content time. Set aside a few hours per week or one day a month to sit down and discover new content. This will ease up your daily to-do list so you only have to deal with writing content for that day instead of spending hours doing research.
4. Turn off notifications. We all know that social media can be very distracting, especially when it’s right at your fingertips. Turn off all notifications that could distract you and decrease your productivity.
5. Schedule out content. This is probably the best tip for all you busy workers. There are websites like Hootsuite or TweetDeck that allow you to schedule posts ahead of time. These will help cut down your posting time and allow you to post every day without having to sit down and actually write posts.
These are just some tips to help you manage your time effectively. Are there any other tools or strategies that you’ve learned to save time with social media?