Written By Sheng Riechers
With new video sharing tools like Twitter’s Vine popping up, 2013 is already known as “the year of the video.” As the most consumed content format online, videos reach 85% of U.S. Internet users. Since 2006, the number of videos watched has increased by a whopping 800%.
As the #2 search engine in the world, YouTube boasts 153 million unique viewers, that’s 100 million more than Facebook. Here are 10 reasons why your business should be on YouTube.
1.YouTube videos can easily be accessed via mobile phones and devices.
2. Because YouTube is owned by Google, YouTube videos are one of the top items that show up in a Google search.
3. Videos create a semi face-to-face interaction that can help humanize your business versus written content.
4. YouTube is used to search for products and services more than any other social networking site.
5. Through video, it is easier to educate and communicate to potential/current customers about your product or service.
6. Videos are easier to consume compared to written content. We all know how short people’s attention spans can be.
7. Many of your competitors may be on Facebook and Twitter, but probably not on YouTube.
8. You can create quality video content with any budget. Nowadays, qualities videos can even be taken with smartphones.
9. YouTube videos are easy to distribute to other social networking sites and embed on websites and blogs.
10. Men and women are equally likely to watch online videos.